When an individual has too much body fat and is above normal levels which gives negative results to the body a person is said to be overweight. Ayurveda and yoga can be a big game changer in such a situation.It normally happens when an individual eats more than his or her body requirement. Body mass index ( BMI) beyond 30 kg/m2 confirms obesity.
Obesity can lead to Cardiovascular diseases,diabetes and orteoarthrits. In obesity adipose tissues of the body have excessive quantity of fat. It is one of the most common problems in the world. Its negative impact increases with sedantary life style and laziness. There are a number of reasons for obesity.
The most common being the excessive intake of fat in the diet coupled with lack of physical activity.
Hormonal imbalanace at the age of 40 can be detremental and can lead to obesity. Alcohol enhances the negative impact of obesity. Insufficent sleep and insomnia is another key factor. The most common reason for obesity these days worldwide is overeating because of stress and depression. Hypothroidism too leads to overweight. Thyroid disturbances or pituitary gland disorders can be due to hereditory reasons too..
Gastric disorders , stomach infections and improper metabolism is another factor for overweight.
There are an arraay of home remedies for weight loss.
- Honey and lemon with water. Pour a glass of clean potable boiled water in a glass. Add some lemon juice in it . When the water is tepid add two tablespoonfuls of honey. Stir is well by shaking it. This should be the first drink of the day on an empty stomach. To relish the best results possible one has to have it for 2 months.
- Honey and Triphala powder- In a glass of water add a tablespoon of tripahala powder at night. Leave it as it is overnight. The very next morning boil it until half of its overnight amount is left in the saucepan. Sieve it and let it get lukewarm. To the lukewarm content add 2 tablespoons of honey and drink it.
- Basil leaves ,mint leaves and bottle gourd.- A glass of bottle gourd juice has to be poured in a glass. Add some juice of mint and basil leaves to the above bottle gourd juice .Mix it well. It has to be drunk everyday ot shun away stomach ailments, obesity and to open the blocakages of heart arteries.
- Lukewarm water- An effective remedy for weight loss. It is the simplest and the easiest medicine available . Drink a glass of lukewarm water immediately after lunch and dinner. It helps in the digestion of the food too. It is better if done for a couple of months only.
- Lemon juice sprinkled with black pepper and garnished with honey.
- A glass of water has to be boiled and should be left to become lukewarm . Add lemon juice a tablespoon of black pepper and two spoons of honey. Once again it has to be drunk every day to get rid of obesity nd overwieght.
- Eat a lot of green leafy vegetables ,salads and fat free food.
- Cabbage salad is excellent for weight maintenance as the tartaric acid in it prevents the conversion of carbohydrates and sugar into fat.
- Two tomatoes daily in breakfast keep the fat away.It would give excellent result if taken for two months.
- A piece of ginger if chewed before meals is highly effective for weight maintenance.
- Finger millet ( Called Ragi in India) is an excellent home remedy. It is very slow to digest and thus takes a longer time to be absorbed. It also alleviates the hunger and thus in turn results in less calorie intalke. It has an added advantage that it is rich in calcium, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B1 and vitamin B2,
- Papaya juice at night is perfect for weight loss as papaya has a number of nutritional properties.
- Drink herbal tea or green tea with warm water two to three times a day
- Eat freshly cooked food.
Diet free tips for effective weight loss. Physical exercise if done judiciously with the shunning of sedantary life style can be highly beneficial. Morning walk and jog is also highly important. Daly practice of Yoga.What not to do-
- Avoid food that is oily ,spicy and has a lot of of fat content.
- Avoid eating in stress.
- Avoid alcohol and give up smoking.
- Avoid fried food.
- Avoid eating quickly.
- Calmness and patience has to be nurtured to avoid stress and depression.
- Avoid butter, chocolate, cheese, cakes ,cream, fried food , cookies, potatoes , sweets etc.
- Cycling ,walking and swimming enhance the prospects of weight loss.
- Anger , fear , insecurity are to be kept away and optimism with positive frame of mind has to be enhanced.
One has to eat at regular intervals .Meals should not be skipped except for the medical reasons. Eating at regular intervals helps to keep doshas in balance. Processed food has to be avoided as much as possible.